- 200g Danish Crown Supertops Pre-Cooked Smokey Bacon
- 1000g slow proved pizza dough with extra virgin olive oil
- 200g bechamel
- 2 portobello mushrooms
- 100g diced cherry tomatoes
- 150g grated mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 50g maple syrup
- 100g Bacon bits
- Make the dough, I've used a 65% hydration slow prove dough with extra virgin olive oil
- Make a bechamel- 50g of butter, 50g flour, 600g milk, add 100g of grated mozzarella
- Dice the portabello mushroom and the tomatoes
- Pin the dough into a large rectangle. Add 200g of the bechamel
- Sprinkle the bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes ontop of the dough.
- Gently fold the dough into a large sausage and cut into 4 inch pieces
- Either add onto a baking tray and spread them out, or place into a bun tray and bake together
- Egg wash and place into an oven at 220 for 10 mins, then a further 10 mins at 180.
- Glazed with the maple syrup and sprinkle the cooked bacon bits and serve!